Jodi Fisher

071118 Tim Peckett

Hello Tim

1. Remember to stand on the left edge of the white water for at least 10 meters, before you need to start you Gate pullout. This will give you better balance and efficiency helping you to get to the width Zone for each line length. 
Here in 12 meter we need to be at 1.0m-0.7m minimum (30cm width zone) 

And start turning before you loose the speed that would cause you to start slowing down more than boat speed, sink and then start loosing the width zone. 

Keep resetting your Neutral alignment in order to keep efficiency and consistency of gate widths and speeds. 

Jodi

Hi Jodi,

Just to clarify the width zone at 12 m, please let me know if I'm understanding this correctly.

The width zone at 12m is 1.0m-0.7m.   So if we have a buoy width of 11.5m, and a 12m rope,  that gives us a maximum of 0.5m of width from the rope alone - but that is at 90 degrees to the boat, so in practice it will be a little less than 0.5m.   So if we're looking to achieve a maximum 1m width outside the buoy line, then you are allowing at least another 0.5m of width from the skier's reach (arm length) to add to the 0.5m from the rope to give us 1m.   Is this how it works?  Thanks, Tim

Yes Sir, once you have pulled out with good Alignment, to the width zone of 1.0m minimum 0.7, then you would allow your arms to reach slightly inward to attain the width but keep your belly button and chest facing outside the buoyline to keep the rope tight. 

I will I’ll look through the videos and get it loaded for you. 

Jodi